Saturday, January 29, 2011

I heart snow days!

The kiddies and I have had so much fun

playing in the snow this week.

Lily is old enough now to throw some really great snowballs

and to take some in return as well!

She spends her time outside

bombarding her mother with snowballs,

sucking snow of her mittens (which look a lot like socks -- weird! ;),

creating snow-track art and snowangels,

building snowmen,

climbing snow "mountains"

and using them as safe havens when her mother attacks back!

She is a tough girl out in the snow.

It took her two hours to realize that all that snow-sucking

had completely soaked her socks, er, mittens

and she was ready to head inside for hot cocoa.


Phinn also enjoys the snow

but only if he doesn't have to step in it

or touch it in general.

His "mittens" stayed dry and kept his hands warm

The. Whole. Time.

He had a great time walking up and down the plowed lane,

telling mommy to throw snowballs at Lily,

listening to Festus Jr practice his gobble,

watching Uncle Robert drive the tractor,

pointing out all the snow that he kept noticing everywhere,

and eating the raisins that we were trying to use for snowman eyes.

He was especially happy to go inside for hot cocoa,

but mostly because that meant...

MARSHMELLOWS!

And who doesn't love marshmellows?

5 comments:

kristib said...

You are such a cute mom. And Finn. What can I say other than that he's adorable? Lilly really doesn't mess around with the snowballs, does she? You go girl!

My brother and SIL and I took my nephews hiking one time in the desert, and the entire time, they kept pointing out rocks that they saw. We couldn't figure out how they kept finding them. I think Finn would get along just fine with them! :)

kristib said...

Um. Sorry I misspelled BOTH of your kids' names. I'm a rotten aunt (pronounced ant). But I love you still!

Anonymous said...

Lily that snow looks mighty tasty. Phoenix you've grown up! The farm looks like the most wonderful place to live! Hugs and kisses!
Love,
Grandma & Grandpa Jacobberger

Donna said...

For the love of snow!!I wish I could like the stuff 1/2 as much as Lily does. Does Phinn take after me? Aaah for the love of hot cocoa on a cold and snowy day!--
What a wonderful mom you are!

EvaandJosiah said...

Good Job Hilary, that was an excellent video. Lily is so cute, my favorite part was her eating that snow, thats awesome, Kaaja loves to do that too, haha and Phin, oh words can't discribe how cute he is. His little mittens do look like socks, they are adorable!!! The tractor was awesome too!!! Was that a uncle you said? Thats so cool! Best of Luck, I am trying to get the babies together with Dara so we can make some V Day cards for the cousins ;) so hopefully this project comes together so we can send them out. We love you all over there!!!