Monday, April 5, 2010

What's In A Name?

My little treehugger!


Is it strange that
Lily
is named after
a flower

and she loves...

FLOWERS?
She even took some of these spring flower photos!


Look what Phinn found!!

Is it strange that
Phoenix

is named after a

bird

and he loves....

BIRDS!

His first real sign was "bird"

and he says "burrrrrr"

and signs "where" when he wants to go look for them

-- which is ALL DAY LONG!

Some of his fowl friends include:

guinea hens,

a grey rooster,

a red rooster,

and of course, Phoenix's favorite,

Festus -- the turkey!

3 comments:

kristib said...

Do any of your birds die in a fiery blaze and then come back? 'Cause that would be cool.

I LOVE that picture of Phinn. Oh my squeezable cheeks. Please kiss those cheeks for me.

Joel and Chelsey said...

We heard about the adventures with Festus from Kari--gotta love life on the farm. Shauna and I were both missing you the other day. Bad friends that we are, I haven't been very good at keeping in touch. Hope things are going well for you, looks like you are fully enjoying this fabulous weather we've been having. Hope our paths cross soon!

Michelle Wilkes said...

I'm so glad you are blogging- otherwise I would have no idea that you had made a career change and are now farming?!!?