Saturday, December 5, 2009

Feelin' Crafty

I have been really diggin' homemade, crafty, far-from-perfect, filled-with-love, memory-making and family-gathering decor this season.
Here are a couple examples of my efforts to make that dream a reality in my home:


Lily and I decorated the Thanksgiving table with every Autumn craft she'd made up to that point including pinecone turkeys, foam decorated leaves and even a felt mouse in a yarn nest. We also made these turkey placecards and, okay, so we never got around to actually adding the names -- we still loved them! -- and there were only four of us at the table...so the confusion was minimal.
Lily and I also made these adorable muffin tin advent calendars for our family and ourselves this season. Lily loved helping me decorate them and add the treats to the cups under the decorated magnets. Big thanks to my mom who helped cut and paste til the wee hours of the morning and to Frank who supervised like a pro!

1 comment:

Ben and Debs Aplanalp said...

We love our advent calendar! Thanks soooo much! Phoenix is getting so big now! I want him to stay a baby until I see him! I hope we will get to see you all soon. Lily is adorable in her pink coat in the snow! Merry Christmas!